Summer Lessons 2017
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 by Jacqueline Savage | Summer
Summer Lessons 2017: Jacqui’s Piano Studio
Monday July 10
-Friday August 25
7 Week Session
- Summer Session is 7 weeks and guarantees a spot in the studio in the Fall!
- Registration for Summer and Fall Lessons start April 1
. You will receive a GOOGLE DOC in your email to register.
- I will be offering morning lessons this Summer on Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 9:00AM and 12:00PM along with regular afternoon lessons on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
- If you are not currently enrolled in the studio and would like to be, click here--> https://jps.musicteachershelper.com/registration
- If you do not do lessons in the summer, I can’t guarantee a spot in the Fall but will do my best to accommodate you.
- I do have a waiting list and will be taking students on for Summer Session
- During Summer Session students take a break from their regular method book and scale and technique study. They can pick a project they would like to do to prepare for the SUMMERJAM.
- Projects include:
- Learning a PoP Song from the radio through sheet music, a lead sheet, or learning by rote.
- Composing a piece and putting it down on paper, into the computer, and printed to give out to other students to learn within the studio (with permission rom the composer of course!)
- 4-hand, 1 piano duet
- 4-hand, 2 piano duet
- Learning Jazz and Blues piece from a Lead sheet or sheet music and playing it with a recorded band in the background.
- Accompaniment: Accompanying a solo singer, duo, trio, or instrumentalist
- Singing a piece of music with Jacqui accompanying and being the back up singer. Enjoying some fun Vocal Lessons along with that
- Arranging a piece: for choir, band, a solo, duo, or trio
- Theory Project: Diving into Musical Analysis
- Garage Band Medley
- Preparing to play a GIG at a coffee shop, restaurant, wedding, funeral and then actually doing one
- Coming up with your own creative project and having it approved by Jacqui
- The SUMMERJAM is a concert which will be on Saturday September 11
at 2:00PM at Standish Congregational Church and will showcase Summer Projects. It’s usually a little longer than regular recitals and runs for 90 minutes.